Friday, October 9, 2009

Arrival in Europe

I expected to see Jason Bourne as I strolled through the Frankfurt airport after the 8 and a half hour plane ride from Orlando. I don’t know why, but every time I’m in a European airport, I always think about him....Jason Bourne that is (which btw, the Bourne Trilogy is probably my favorite Trilogy of all time). Maybe it’s the little green sign with a guy looking like he’s running and an arrow pointing towards an exit....maybe it’s the different fashion....I’m not sure what it is, but that’s what I think about.

I can’t believe I’m actually here. A part of me is just dying to call or text all my friends, but the reality of not having a phone right now and then thinking that even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to call internationally, is slapping me across the face with each blink of my eye. It’s something I have to come to grips with...it’s reality now.

The past couple of days have been emotional ones. It was difficult for me to say “good-bye” (sorry...“see you later”) to all the friends that I’ve built close bonds with over the past year(s). From co-workers, to friends, to mentors, to mentoree, to family....not much of it was enjoyable saying ‘see you later’. But as I know I say ‘see you later’ I know that they are all thinking about and praying for me as much as I am thinking about and praying for them. They will all be missed, but as I have come to realize, God brings these friends around for specific reasons and times and I know that more friends will be brought my way and I will see my Florida friends once again too.

So, until later.....welcome to Europe!

0 comments: